The idea of founding the College of Tourism and Management Konjic was created in September 2011, when the founder Refik Šećibović, PhD and his wife, Marijana Šećibović, PhD, made a project which contained three main course of studies: Tourism Management, Ecotourism and Management of Information Technology. Early October of the same year they submitted the Study of College for tourism and management Konjic to the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of HNK / HNZ and the first solution from the Ministry (05-03-40-2567-1 / 11) was obtained on November 3, 2011, (the date of the official beginning of work).
In early 2012, the process of preparing materials for licensing was completed. The License and the permit to start was received on July 17, 2012, under the decision No. 05-01-40-1933 / 12. In October 2012, the College of Tourism and Management Konjic welcomed the first generation of students.
The College bodies are: the Board, the Senate and the Director of the College. The College can, if necessary, appoint additional professional bodies.
The Board of Directors bears the full responsibility for the activities of the College of Tourism and Management Konjic. Board of Directors consists of seven members, four of them elected by founder, and others appointed by the Senate. The Senate appoints and dismisses members of the Board of Directors for a term of four years.
The Management Board
The Management Board performs the duties established by law, and in particular:
- Provides the opinion on the Statute of the College, and passes the General Act on internal
organization and systematization of jobs and other general acts in accordance with the law;
- Decides on the establishment of other legal entities, in accordance with the Act and the
- Determines the financial and development plans;
- Adopts the Annual work program of the College based on the proposal by the Senate;
- Manages, controls, and evaluates the work of the Director in the domain of financial
- Resolves issues related to the founders;
- Decides on the expenditure of funds exceeding KM 5,000.00;
- Decides on objections by employees on decisions of the College already being decided upon
in the first instance on the rights, obligations and responsibilities of employees, provides the
founder at least once a year with the report on the operations of the College;
- Decides on the investments plan of the College;
- Performs other duties stipulated by the Law.
The Senate of the College performs the following duties:
- Decides on issues related to teaching, scientific, artistic and professional activities;
- Adopts the Statute of the College with the prior opinion of the Board;
- Passes other acts in accordance with the Act and the Statute;
- Adopts curricula for undergraduates;
- Elects the Director;
- Appointments academic staff with prior opinion of the Board;
- Makes decisions about engagement and termination of employment with the employees of
- Establishes the scientific and research projects, determines the leaders of these projects and
monitors their implementation;
- Provides for intellectual elevation of associates and junior scientist and research workers by
organizing various forms of scientific professional training;
- Gives prior approval to the curricula of the College;
- Establishes the plan of publishing of textbooks and other publications within the College
The Dean represents the executive body of the College.
For his work in the domain of academic issues Dean is responsible to the Senate, and in the
domain of business to the Board. The Dean is assisted by the Assistants and the Secretary
The Dean performs tasks stipulated by law, and in particular:
- Manages and represents the College;
- Organizes and directs the work of the College and is responsible for the legality of work;
- Adopts individual acts in accordance with the Act and the Statute;
- Proposes to the bodies of the College the measures for improvement of the work;
- The Board proposes measures for effective and lawful activities of The College;
- Proposes plans of work and the development of the College;
- Proposes to the Board the internal organization and systematization of jobs;
- Executes the decisions of the Board and other bodies of the College;
- Decides on the use of funds to the amount determined by the Statute, and above this amount
based on the special powers of the Board;
- Decides on the rights, obligations and responsibilities of employees;
- Reports on the financial operations to the Board of the College;
- Participates in the work of the Rectors' Conference of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Signs the document of the College and contracts concluded by College;
- Presents the awards and recognitions of the College, proposes candidates for general
officials of the College;
- Performs other duties in accordance with the Act and the Statute of the College.
In case of a longer absence or inability to perform this function the Dean is replaced by the Assistant acting with all the jurisdictions of the Dean.